Thursday, December 10, 2009

'Singer of starlight'


Hello! Above is the latest illustration from the course I'm doing. The brief was to show two characters (an older and a younger person) relating to each other in a warm setting. The book title 'Singer of Starlight' was left up to us to interpret. I interpreted this as being a granny filling her granddaughter in on the good old days when she was a singer (probably in a 1930's style music hall called 'Starlight' :-)) I scanned in a black ink monoprint and a sheet of sepia watercolour, together with linework, and overpainted in photoshop. Enjoyed it v much and robbed the cat for me new-look blog banner - happy days.

5 comments:

Fran Johnston said...

really nice Sarah. I was wondering where that cat came from!

Sam Ricks said...

Just added you to Google Reader. I love the textures you create. Awesome stuff.

Sarah Bowie said...

Thank you Sam - and I've added you too because I love your sketchbooks! Look forward to seeing lots more.

James Moore said...

Beautiful work Sarah, like your new look blog too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so lovely:)
The little girl's pose is very natural!